Monday, June 2, 2008

From Trish Kee

I was Alex's classmate in Waterloo since first year and we graduated with our M.Arch in the same year in 2002. When Jake proposed to Alex in Rome, we as Alex's girlfriends, were so envious of her getting married to such a talented and handsom fellow. During my 2 years of sharing the same studio room with Alex doing our master thesis, Jake would appear in the room once in a while, either to pick up Alex and to have a few casual chat with us. He would always be glowing with energy, adventure and new invention. Back then, the BlackBurry was a novelty, and only the Sauer family knew how to operate them. Who would think that his contribution would reach all parts of the world.

Last week was Jake's 1st anniversary. I wrote to Alex. I feel relieved she wrote back to me with positive energy. A year has gone by, but when I look at the photos in Jake's blog, it was as if he never left.

Trish Kee
writing from Hong Kong
May 18 2008

No comments: