Thursday, May 17, 2007

From Steven Fyke

"Jake and I just clicked" It’s something I’ve heard over and over again this past week and it’s true for me as well. I met Jake, and we just clicked. I think that’s what happens when you’re as truly genuine as Jake. He would tell you what he thought, and listen to what you had to say. He was a fabulous friend to anyone that spoke to him.

I met Jake through work and I wish I had more time to get to know him better personally. The time I had we spent talking about life, love, work, the universe and everything over Hot Chocolate or lunch at Janet Lynn’s. We had formulated grandiose plans to take over the world (or at least a small portion of RIM) and I had every faith in him that it would happen. He was passionate about everything he did in life, and I will miss him dearly.

Perhaps one of my favorite things about Jake was that his style (personality and fashion) shone through regardless of where he was and what he was doing. This is a picture of the Patent Committee at last years patent dinner. Take careful note of everyone’s shoes. :)



Steven Fyke

No comments: