Monday, May 14, 2007

Spirited...

If I had to choose one word to describe Jake, it would be spirited (adj) - having or showing mettle, courage, vigor, liveliness, etc. The JDE team was one of the first teams I had the privilege to work with when I joined RIM just over three years ago. Jake was the lead developer on the team and impressed me from the start with his wisdom and patience even when bombarded with questions. Jake was full of charisma, enthusiasm and zealousness for not only his work, but also for the team of which he was a part. I remember later on, he and I would run triages together and confuse everyone else because we moved issues around at ‘exhilarating speed’ (as Viktor called it). When Alex and Jake were expecting Stella and a couple of the other team members where about to become new fathers, our team meetings would often begin with funny updates on everyone’s kids (both already here and those on their way) before we got down to business. Jake was truly an inspiration – loyal, devoted and passionate and will always be remembered with great fondness at RIM…

No comments: